Zebra printer to plc micro 850

L.RODRIGUEZ

Hi
I am trying to connect a zebra printer gc420t to a micro 850 a-b,
through the serial port, when the plc sends the ascii code the green led on the printer blinks, but it does not print anything, I do not know what is the problem, Could anyone help me, please

Thank you.
I am trying to recall a label previously designed on the zebra designer pro, the programming language is the zpl and the code is
\^XA
\^XFE:2658C.ZPL\^FS
\^XZ

if you have the software, you can find any label designed and saved.
I use the software and I admit that I am no expert and I have never done what you are asking help for, but i have several questions.

I do not have access to my system right now so i'm doing this from memory.

open the software
install the driver for the printer.
look for the template and open it.
select the printer and print to it to confirm that is what you want to print.
print the label again, only select print to a file. this will get you the print language code.
you must then send all the file information from the plc.
if information is changing every label, you must modify the information sent to the printer.
I am not sure if you can even do this, but the template may be stored in the printer itself and the data from the plc is the information that is changing.

you will have to have a valid serial number to call zebra technologies.
North America 1-800-268-1736
Latin America +1 305 558 8470
Asia Pacific +65 6858 0772
Europe, Middle East, Africa +44 (0) 1628 556000

I an not connected to Zebra Technologies, I use their software.
If posting the phone numbers is a violation of the rules, please delete the post.

hope this helps,
james

Last edited: