Mitsubishi PLC programs retrocompatibility.. need help

JEANST

Hello
I am new in Mitsubishi PLC's so

I have a request to convert a program which is running in a Q06H CPU to the same machine but running a Q2AS-S1 CPU. It seems that Q2AS-S1 is older than Q06H so i wonder if this is possible to make this operation. The program is only in Ladder (no ST or SFC)

if any expert can help

Thanks

hello there,
depending onn what format you have your project saved.
To "downgrade" from GX works2 to GX developer you'll need to open it in GXW2 then use Project tab > Export to GX developer file

then open it in GX developer and Project tab > Change PLC type

I've tested it on very simple Ladder project, but it should work flawlessly

Hello, thanks for reply
I have new informations, It seems I have no need to downgrade because the Q06H CPU is apparently an old one and I can open the .gpj project from GX Developer. So maybe Change PLC type directly from the original project is enough to change to Q2AS-S1. I think I have some changes to do in the hardware configuration because IO modules and backplane are surely differents. Do you know where I am supposed to modify the hardware config ?

It seems that the IO configuration don't take in account the product référence
it is true in your opinion ? it would mean that only change the CPU would be ok to run the older CPU..

You need to open PLC parameter, go to I/O assignment then set the cards as required. I don't know if the cards are compatible but I suggest you first open the original and perhaps print or write down the configuration and then convert the program. check the I/O assignment is ok. The only thing I can think of is if there are any special cards in the rack. There may be some differences in special relay areas, so check these as well. Also in plc parameters there is the option of setting latch (retentive) memory areas so it might be worth checking that these have not changed. or at least if they have the conversion has either changed them to be compatible etc. Also that PLC is now beyond support but the Q are still valid, why change ?

Last edited:
Hello Thanks for your reply
Why change ? because the customer have 6 or 7 machines which are running with Q06H cpu and one..older.. with the Q2AS cpu which is not running at the moment and he wants to put it in production, the up to date program is in the "new machines" so that's why I need to "downgrade" the cpu to run an older existing machine.Thank you to point out theses details, I will check them out next week when I'll be in front of the machine thanks again

Another thing to check is that the I/O assignment is the same it is possible that they swap some I/O between different version builds.