Drive Parameters to Excel

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the drive parameters that can be found under the Axis Properties of the drive into Excel.

The drives themselves are connected on a device level network (DLN) which is connected to the PLC. Id like to preferably get this data remotely rather than having to go to each drive individually and wire in as there are well over 100 drives.

Can this data be retrieved by Studio 5000 and can it be exported to Excel?

Any help would be very appreciated!

Drive_Properties_Parameters.png

This may be overly simplifying what you need but it looks like a windows form so,

Can you just highlight (Ctrl-A) and copy (Ctrl-C) and paste into blank Excel Form (Ctrl - V)?

I think he is trying to not have to go into each device [100] and upload the parameters.

Go to :
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=123523
See post #2, It´s basically the same.

So I'm not sure I can use a trend in Logix 5000 on the drive parameters as they are held in the Drive and not the global tag list in the PLC, I am unable to find the tags in the PLC and can only find them by going into the properties of the drive.

Also I cannot view the drives on RS Linx as they are on a DLN connected to the PLC's ethernet card.

SU_DL_Topics.png

I think he is trying to not have to go into each device [100] and upload the parameters.

I'm looking for a fast way to get these parameters out of the drives to compare the drives to each other. I don't really want to be walking to every drive and plugging into them as this is very time consuming and I would have to stop the machines to do this which I cannot really do.

I'm looking for a fast way to get these parameters out of the drives to compare the drives to each other. I don't really want to be walking to every drive and plugging into them as this is very time consuming and I would have to stop the machines to do this which I cannot really do.
Those parameters are available in the L5K version of the program.
You can create an Excel Macro or a Visual Basic program to extract the info from the L5K file (text file) and add it to a csv file or even create a relatively sophisticated report in Excel.

Those parameters are available in the L5K version of the program.
You can create an Excel Macro or a Visual Basic program to extract the info from the L5K file (text file) and add it to a csv file or even create a relatively sophisticated report in Excel.

Where can I get the L5K version of the program?