Siemens S7-200 PPI cable issue

zer0net

Hello,
I just got siemens PPI cable. When I connect it to my xp computer it automatically installs it as generic human interface device like keyboard or mouse, when I try to change driver it doesn't let me.
any help will be greatly appreciated..

thank you

This is normal for this cable, what errors are you getting and why do you think you need to change the driver, this cable will not show up as a com port, in MicroWin you will just choose USB

This is normal for this cable, what errors are you getting and why do you think you need to change the driver, this cable will not show up as a com port, in MicroWin you will just choose USB

Thank you for reply,
you are right, it is working with microwin and S7-200 without the driver however, I cant seem to establish a connection with my TP177A HMI and WinCC Flex 2008 SP1. So I automatically started blaming the cable.

Any thoughts on why WinCC cant connect to HMI?

Thank you

Alright.. its solved.. stupid me... the OS of the HMI was of different version than that of my WinCC... Once i updated the OS everything was good..

Thank you all for your time.