PLC Simulation Program

mmarch

I recently took my first PLC class and although I learned the basics, I had to share programming time with three other students. I saw an ad on the internet for a PLC simulation program and bought it. One major limitation of studying PLC programming this way is there is nobody to ask questions to. Thats why this site was a great discovery. I am working on a program in which there is a standard six-light stop light (red, yellow, & green for each of the two controlled directions). I have almost completed this program, which is only approx. ten rungs long, but I have hit a snag that I need help getting past. I know nobody that can help me with this. Is there anyone out there that I could fax a copy of my program to, who might be able to give me some advice? I have spent hours trying to complete this to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try creating a pdf and post it and ask your question. Everyone loves the traffic light application.

There are many free PDF engines on the web, here's the one I use: http://www.primopdf.com/

Once you have a PDF engine installed, it will be listed as one of your system printers.
Then, when you print out your program, just pick the PDF printer, the output will be a file, then post the file on the forum.

Good luck,
Ken

logo applications

Hi !
I am still trying to program this logo .
Is anyone familiar with the logo who can offer some help.
Lancie did put me on a path to a solution but more help is needed.
Heres the problem :
I need to program the logo to monitor a device whose output s a varying voltage I need to output this value as a reading in degrees i.e. convert or scale the voltage reading so it represents a value in degrees.
I know I will need to somehow store a range of values in degrees or equivalent volt-degrees and compare the input to these values then if value at the input equal stored value output this value.

I must use the logo to implement this no other option.
I would appreciate your help please !🤞🏻:confused:

Whish1, you're probably stuck. Why 'must use Logo, no other option'??? Why do people think a programmable relay is a full-blown controller. You cannot get high functionality like a PLC for the price of a Logo. Spend the couple extra bucks. Isn't the time you'll save worth at least that?