Panelview 1500

Hojland

Hey guys.

I have recived a new Panelview 1500, because the old one is broken. I have the .apa file but how do i installe the software to the new Panelview. What program do I need. Rsview.....but what version. I have Rslinx and Rslogix500

Thanks

If it's a Panelview Plus (and i'm guessing it is when you mentioned .apa files) - then you are going to need RSView Studio ME (current version is 4.0).

This uses RSLinx Enterprise (not classic as with your RSLogix).

Once you have the Studio software, open the 'application manager' and use 'Restore' to bring the .apa file into your project list.

There are other things you need to be aware of, but as you don't have the software yet, i would start there...:)

Hope this helps!

Rob

RS Linx Enterprise is included with RS View Machine Edition.

Once you restore your backup. You have to create the runtime file. and download it to the Panel View through transfer utility.

Capriconian

You can actually just double click on the .apa (as long as you have RSView installed) and it will start the restore process.

One thing to keep in mind, if you have user accounts setup, you must check the option "Restore RSView Machine Edition application and FactoryTalk Local Directory". If you don't, it will dump your user account. Or it least it does for me.