PowerFlex 755 not reconized in RS 5000

Skiroy

We have a machine that was installed a year ago. It has 2 Powerflex 755 Drives and the program was written on RSLogix 5000 v20. We have V20 so I am able to go online. The issue is the Drive were showing up as unknown devices with yellow question marks in RSLINX and RSLOGIX. I downloaded and updated the eds file and the drives are now seen in RSLinx but when I go online with the plc THE PROGRAM STILL SHOWS THE DRIVE IN THE MODULE LIST AS UNKNOWN DEVICES.

1.Why is this happening?

2. Im trying to go into the drive properties with the hope that Drive Executive will pop up and I can view all the drive settings. Shouldn't v20 of RSLogix 5000 have Drive executive included?

3. I seen there is a version of drive executive lite install on the laptop but do I need a add on or update file for it to recognize and communicate with the powerflex 755?

4. Finally I attempted to go online with the drive via the standalone version of drive executive lite and it seemed to be trying to communicate. It went through a series of event where it was creating a database for the drive,but it was doing a lot of things I was unsure of and cancelled it due to fear that it would change or wipe out the current settings. Is this possible when trying to connect to a drive for the first time?

The object inside RSLogix 5000 is called an "add on profile".

The EDS files are a related technology, but not the same. They provide identity information to RSLinx and RSNetworx, but are involved in RSLogix 5000 module definition only for some third-party modules.

In the case of an Allen-Bradley drive, you need to install an Add-On Profile.

These are separately downloaded from RA and installed as a sort of "plug in" to the RSLogix 5000 software. They provide the link between the Logix 5000 I/O tree objects and the Drive Executive software.

So start here, while offline (and keep a copy of the project as a backup !):

https://download.rockwellautomation.com/esd/download.aspx?downloadid=addonprofiles

Where it says "version". Is this referring to the firmware version of my powerflex? I have Logix5000 v20 and my Powerflex firmware is version 9.1,so which add on profile do I need? I see one for RSLogix 5000 v20 but the "version" (I am assuming is the powerflex version) says 12. Would I have to update my Powerflex firmware?

2.And do I need Drive tools/Drive executive or can the drive parameters be set within RSlogix 5000 once it can see it in the Module list?

3. Finally,once I install the add on,is this a RSLogix 5000 level thing or does the PLC program have to be re downloaded into the processor?