Passive Homing in Kinetix 6000

Hello All,

Thanks in advance..
Friends in my working premises several kinetix 6000 drive were configured, in which few drives were having active homing and few have passive homing..
For active homing, i understood that whenever we give homing sequence at that time, axis moves to get the reference value generally by proximity position and then reach the home position...

But for passive homing I had gone through the various definitions but not able to find out that actually what happens when passive homing sequence is given to respective drive...

The way it was explained to me is the drive homes itself with the absolute encoder. It then runs incrementally rather than rechecking it's position absolutely.

The reason I know this is we had issues with a K6000 system loosing position which turned out to be firmware related.

Active Homing - the drive will move (it will become active) as part of the built in homing sequence.

Passive Homing - the drive will not move as part of the homing command. This could be used if you have a programmed homing sequence that will get the motor in position and then passively set that position as home or if you want an operator to manually position the motor and then set that current position as home or...... With passive homing, something esle needs to position the motor - the Homing Command just sets that position as home - it will not cause any motion to occur.

Thanks friends for your reply..

@kekrahulik - Means the current position of motor become home position as soon as, I give the home sequence command... and what about the value of actual position tag of the axis, after giving home sequence..will this value also get changed as per homing condition