You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old May 10th, 2011, 03:17 AM   #1
mosama
Egypt

Step7 Detecting Positive Edge In SCL

Dear all,

What is the name of the function used for positive edge detection in Step7 SCL ??

Thank you
Old May 10th, 2011, 04:03 AM   #2
JesperMP
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Denmark

Dont think there is a one-shot block for SCL.
But it is trivial to code.

signal_oneshot_ON := signal_input AND NOT signal_mem ; // generate the ON oneshot
signal_oneshot_OFF := NOT signal_input AND signal_mem ; // generate the OFF oneshot
signal_mem := signal_input ; store the status of the input
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #3
mosama
Egypt

Thanks Jesper.

I don't what is your opinions, but from my experience with Unity Pro (Schneider Electric) and Step7 (SIEMENS) I think Unity Pro is better.
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #4
JesperMP
Denmark

Unfortunately, I have no experience with Unity Pro.
STEP7 is coming in a completely new version (v11) which includes a much-improved SCL.

Apart from that, Siemens SCL should be equivalent to Structured Text in IEC61131-3. Dont know if there is a oneshot standard function in IEC ST.
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #5
TurpoUrpo
Lifetime Supporting Member
Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperMP View Post
Unfortunately, I have no experience with Unity Pro.
STEP7 is coming in a completely new version (v11) which includes a much-improved SCL.

Apart from that, Siemens SCL should be equivalent to Structured Text in IEC61131-3. Dont know if there is a oneshot standard function in IEC ST.
The editor is LOT better. Have not tested debug yet. But there is actually working autocompletion.
Old May 11th, 2011, 02:55 AM   #6
mosama
Egypt

Quote:
Yes in Structured Text there is "RE" (rising edge) instruction, but it only works with EBOOL data type.

Also Unity Pro Structured Text editor doesn't need compilation in order to see the errors. The errors appears while you are programming by drawing a red line under the error.

I think SCL have the advantage of defining variables from the source code, and this not found in Unity Pro Structured Text.
Old May 11th, 2011, 03:49 AM   #7
GeoffC
Australia

For UnityPro
Quote:
I think SCL have the advantage of defining variables from the source code, and this not found in Unity Pro Structured Text.
Yes there is - type your new variable put the cursor over it and right click and create variable

Quote:
Yes in Structured Text there is "RE" (rising edge) instruction, but it only works with EBOOL data type.
For rising edge use R_Trig and F_Trig for falling edge and you can then use it with Bool or Ebool
Old May 11th, 2011, 04:02 AM   #8
JesperMP
Denmark

Like I said, I dont know Unity Pro.
But, I think that what mosama and GeoffC calls "defining variables" are two different things.
In S7 SCL (and the other languages) you create UDTs, DBs, FCs and FBs wherein you have variable declarations.
In Unity Pro ST, you can create a global variable via a shortcut function without leaving the editor (at least thats what I figure out from GeoffC's input).
Old May 11th, 2011, 04:25 AM   #9
mosama
Egypt

Quote:
Yes there is - type your new variable put the cursor over it and right click and create variable
I mean that in Step7 you may declare variables directly from the code like this:

VAR X1, X2, X3:BOOL; END_VAR

But you can't do this in Unity Pro

Quote:
For rising edge use R_Trig and F_Trig for falling edge and you can then use it with Bool or Ebool
Yes but these instructions needs two parameters: ClockInput & Output, but "RE" and "FE" only needs one parameter and works only with EBOOL data type.

My regards

Last edited by mosama; May 11th, 2011 at 04:32 AM.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum