Logix 5000-In a Compare How do you display a DINT[313] in Binary ?

Good Afternoon ,

I'm working on a Shift Register , and I have a Tag called ....

Tracking Vision Result
Tag Data Type - DINT [313]

I'm using a Compare Instruction GRT , to activate a Dump Gate. I have position [212] , in my compare , if it is greater than 0 , activate the Dump Gate.

In my compare , I have Tracking Vision Result [212] , and it displays 0 ,
I would like to have it display 0000_0000_0000_0000 in Binary .

I would like to have it in Binary in the instruction so I can see the 1's and 0's go by . I know I can monitor in controller tags , in Binary , etc.

How can I do that ?

Thanks so much for your help.

IIRC go to the Tag Editor and locate that specific tag. Change the display format there. That will propagate to the logic.

I think it may have to happen on the Edit Tags tab.

OG

I think (again this is from memory) you have to change the style of the tag from decimal to Binary, not just the display format. Changing the tag style is what makes it propagate through to the logic. You can right click on the tag and click "edit tag properties" and change it from the pop-up window that appears - although I'm not 100% on whether you can do this online.

You most certainly can change the display style, but where you do it changes the behaviour.

In the Tags window, if you are on the "Monitor Tags" tab, then the "Style" drop-down selection will set the display style for the tags you choose. However, this is not persistent, and if you close the tags window and re-open it, it will revert back to its previous setting.

If you go to the "Edit Tags" tab, there is also a "Style" selection, and what you choose there becomes persistent.

In other words, style changes on the "Monitor Tags" tab are temporary, until you close the tags window.

Style can be changed anywhere, and at any time, and does not require a download.

I have just noticed that you are implementing a shift register using a DINT array.

You have to be aware that bit 31 of DINT tags are sign bits, so your GRT instruction will not work as planned - once bit 31 becomes a "1", the value of thee DINT is no longer GRT 0, but it is LES than 0.

You might want to substitute it with NEQ 0

When you look at the instructions, sometimes you cannot see all 32 bits, so simply drag the border between the ladder display and the project organiser, you only need to move it by 1 pixel - annoying I know, but it has been like that for years !!

2021-01-14_120303.jpg 2021-01-14_120321.jpg