OT: Hard times for robots

I've been thinking about doing this for my trash hauler; the lad on the back of the truck has to wheel the bin to the truck and line it up with a hook and run a hydraulic device to dump it, but sometimes he judges (I think) the weight and lifts it manually, probably to save time.

It would be neat if that could all happen automagically. In VA, there was a pair of arms on the truck that did it all, driver never left the cab.

In the Detroit area almost every city has bin grabbing trucks. The newer ones lift & drop behind the driver, a few older ones are dumpster trucks with a rigged dumpster that has the arm.

My city sends 2 trucks out every week (1 bin dumping and one old school manual for yard waste bags & stick bundles) then every other week a third truck for the recycling bins.And if there are things like TV's, furniture, etc a fourth (manual) truck is dispatched to that house.