CP343-1 communication to a PC on a different subnet

cpender

Hardware:
CPU: 319-3 PN/DP
CP: 343-1 (6GK7 343-1EX30-0XE0)

Hi,

I have my CP343-1 (IP:10.100.190.70) connected to a switch (10.100.190.1) which then connects to a VLAN with the PC that I want to send data on that VLAN. The PC has IP address: 192.168.100.182 with a gateway of 192.168.1.1.

Now what I want to do is send a block of 230 bytes of data, DB610, to the CP343-1 so it is available to be seen by the PC. The PC side is being looked after by IT so they will poll the CP343-1 to get the data. But I only want them to be able to access the one DB that I specify and nothing else on the CPU.

I have set up my connection (TCP) with my CP343-1 on one subnet (LAN1) and the PC as "Other station" on another subnet (LAN2). Should I maybe use "unspecified" in stead of other station?

cp343-1:
IP: 10.100.190.70
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Use router: 10.100.190.1

Other station:
IP: 192.168.100.182
Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
Use router: 192.168.1.1

I have in my FC610 code a AG_SEND block with the follwing parameters:

ACT:=M 10.7 (2 sec pos pulse)
ID:=1
LADDR:=W#16#0110 (272 in dec)
SEND := P#db610.dbx0.0 byte 230
LEN:=230
DONE:="DB610_InfoplusComms".AG_SEND_DONE
ERROR:="DB610_InfoplusComms".AG_SEND_ERROR

This results in an error status 8183H "No configuration or the ISO/TCP service has not yet started on the Ethernet CP." but they are still able to access DB610, in fact they are able to access every DB on the CPU, even if I don't call FC 610.

When I go to Special Diagnostics of the CP343-1, under the connection tab for my connection "TCP Connection_1" it has "Connection Status: Closed"

Because this is not 2-way comms between, say, two CPU's am I correct in the assumtion that I don't need a AG_RCV block in my code also?

Also, can someone shed some light on what exactly the AG_SEND block does? Does it send the DB610 from the CPU to the CP343-1? And if so, is it then available to be seen from the PC? If so, it is still called DB610 etc?

How do you limit access to one DB?

I hope I have made myself clear. If you need any more info please ask.

Thanks in advance.

You are mixing a lot together.

Lets start.....

If you want to limit that IT access only one DB, then IT must not poll the S7. In stead you must send the DB with a Send block and IT must then use a recieve. You are thinking along these lines, but IT has setup some kind of polling. What is IT using, Simatic Net ?

Re "unspecified connection": If you can create a single STEP7 project where both the S7 PLC and the IT PC are integrated into one project, then you could make a fully specified connection. If not, make it an unspecified connection.

Re error message "No configuration ... ": You get it because the connection that is setup in NetPro isnt downloaded to the CPU. The connection is the one you and IT must use for the Send/Receive job.

Re Because this is not 2-way comms between, say, two CPU's am I correct in the assumtion that I don't need a AG_RCV block in my code also : You need AG_RECV if the S7 PLC is to recieve data (doh). Send/Recieve also works between PLCs.

Re Does it send the DB610 from the CPU to the CP343-1: It sends the content of DB610 (or the number of bytes that you specify) via the CP343-1 to the recieve partner. In the partner, it may be called something else than DB610.

Further help require that you get more detailed information what the IT PC really is, and if it uses Simatic Net or some other software.

Jesper, thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

Firstly, IT are using an applicom card on the PC and I think they are using an OPC server to communicate with the CP. They have this already in place with another S7-300 CPU and can only access a designated DB. This was done by another Automation company so we cannot access their code or see how they did this.

You say It must not poll the CPU but is there any way of denying them access to DB's of the CPU even if they do and only allow them aceess to DB610?

We are nor receiving data from the PC so we don't need a RCV block then.

EDIT: Yes I have confirmed they are using a Applicom V4.0 OPC server

I am also sure that I have downloaded both NetPro and Harware Config many times to the CPU.

Last edited:
I do not know the Applicom OPC server.
You must yourself investigate if Applicom supports the Send/Receive protocol. I am guessing it does not, but I may be wrong.

If the Applicom OPC server does support S/R, then you may setup an usnpecified connection to the IT PC.
If the Applicom OPC server does not support S/R, you must simply be content with that the other company has only setup the current OPC connection to poll from DB610. But nothing is stopping someone who knows how from setting up polling or sending from/to other DBs.

If you need to setup S/R, we shall take it from there.