Wonderware Window Import Tags "?d:" Prefix

AMarks95

Odd behavior from Wonderware when I imported a couple windows.

All the tags used on the windows already existed, but all of the tags came in with a "?d:" prefix. Why is this prefix added? How can I import without the prefix?

Odd behavior from Wonderware when I imported a couple windows.

All the tags used on the windows already existed, but all of the tags came in with a "?d:" prefix. Why is this prefix added? How can I import without the prefix?

There is a checkbox when importing windows. Says something along the lines of "keep tag names instead of place holders". Basically, keeps the literal tags used, instead of replacing with place holders.

Yes... when importing window you will see check box with something similar to "Retain existing tagnames" at bottom of import window, other wise it will use "placeholders" ahead of tagname as you have seen.
On the ones you have now... Select all the tags in the window and then do a Cntrl-E to edit all the tags, then you can just select "Convert" and it will remove the "?d:". Don't forget to also edit the window scripts.
oh yea... the d means discreet, i means integer and m means message for type of tag

Last edited: