RSLOGIX 5000 - Lead/Lag Pumps AOI

rahulmm7

Hello!!

I am trying to create a AOI to perform lead lag pumping operations based on run time.

I do have 8 pumps out of which 6 are duty and 2 are stand by, and it has to alternate lead/lag pumps in order to equalize the runtime .

Can someone help me by providing some ideas on implementing the logic for the same ?

Thanks

Hey Ken,
1.One of the stand by pump need to be online.
2. Either to equalise the runtime or on every on/off cycle.
3. No, it depends in the demand.In this case it is based on the flow rate.

Thanks

I have said it before, and I'll say it again....

Balancing the run-hours of a pump set is, in many peoples opinions, not a good idea.

Many pump manufacturers specify maintenance after XXXX hours of running, and if you've balanced those run-hours, you'll make them all come up for maintenance at the same time, putting a strain on your maintenance people.

What I have often done is introduced a deliberate offset by running pump 1 continuously for YYY hours, before bringing pump 2 into the mix. then after another YYY hours, bring pump 3 into the mix, and so on.

You end up with a nice orderly progression of maintenance requirements that will keep the boys happy.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again....

Balancing the run-hours of a pump set is, in many peoples opinions, not a good idea.

Many pump manufacturers specify maintenance after XXXX hours of running, and if you've balanced those run-hours, you'll make them all come up for maintenance at the same time, putting a strain on your maintenance people.

What I have often done is introduced a deliberate offset by running pump 1 continuously for YYY hours, before bringing pump 2 into the mix. then after another YYY hours, bring pump 3 into the mix, and so on.

You end up with a nice orderly progression of maintenance requirements that will keep the boys happy.

Agreed. Run one pump to death. Only use the other as intended - a backup if the first one is offline.