WinCC 5.0 sp2, save tags in CSV problem

johnny

I have a big trouble in save a Tag value to csv format in WinCC 5.0 SP2 . The case is : I use WinCC 5.0 SP2 connect to a S7-400 by industrial Ethernet . I have a Tag ( DB100.DW0) which is in raw datatype. Now when I change the tag value in WinCC, S7 can receive this change well . Now I want to save this Tag value in csv format , and want later load it back to WinCC , expect it should update the tag value (DB100.DW0) with the saved value.

Now problem occur, because I think all changes will update the WinCC Sybase .db database file, so I create an application by PowerBuilder 9.0 to read the Tag value and save it to csv.
But then I discover that WinCC will only update the db when the tag name change, not when the tag process value change. So my application is no use, because I get information from the .db / RT.db of WinCC, if the database is not updated, then all the save information are wrong.

Now I find some inform about creat an OPC client (Excel) to record the tag value from OPC Server (WinCC). I follow the script showed in "OPC.chm " file of WinCC, but it doesnot work.

"Dim MyOPCGroupColl As OPCGroups" <--- say line not define

Can any WinCC Expert help me urgently ?

Please contact me [email protected] / or [email protected], for more detail.

Why would you create an external application to acces the WinCC database. Just write a global script in WinCC that stores/retreives values in CSV files. We do this all the time to create simple recipe functionality with parameter download to the PLC's.

Its because I am not very familiar with using the WinCC Global Script in C. In order to save time so I creat the external application to read the database. But my direction seems wrong!:cry:

Do you have some tips / sample C code for WinCC global script code ? Or its it possible use VB. Which is better and faster?
Please give me some hints .

Thanks your help

Johnny

the one who had answer me, can you give me your mail address so that I can contact you directly for your advice ?

Johnny