Cradlepoint and Ethernet Tunnel

Killer K

Just wondering if anyone ever had this setup. I have 3 micrologix 1400 communicating via cradlepoint modems. They in turn each is hooked to a Ethernet tunnel. I am able to hook up to any tunnel and I am able to go on line with any PLC. Can make changes if need too. Right now MSG works from 1 PLC to the main PLC. But not the other. Even thought I have communications to the PLC does that mean the MSG, if setup correctly, will work?

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

This is not necessarily an easy answer, so let's fill out the details. I think you're describing a "main PLC" and two remote stations, and an engineering computer located at the main station.

Station A: MicroLogix 1400
Station A: Engineering Computer

Station B: MicroLogix 1400

Station C: MicroLogix 1400

The "Ethernet Tunnels" are probably virtual private networks between any two of the Stations.

Can you provide examples of the network addresses in these cases ?

You may need to enable network bridging between the different VPN adapters that are running the "tunnels" between the Cradlepoint devices.

Thanks Ken.
No computers involved. The Main PLC Micro 1400, located at office, is connected to Ethernet tunnel (trusted) and the (untrusted) is connected to the modem. Modem gives access to the other 2 Remote PLC Micro 1400, out in field, same setup. The main is just getting levels from both and then outputting signal to chart recorders in main control room. Nice easy setup. Like I said one was already working and still does. I just duplicated the remote panel working to the other remote panel.
addresses use PLC 192.168.7.110, 1192.168.7.120, 192.168.7.130
connected (trusted) 192.168.7.112, 1192.168.7.122, 192.168.7.132
Modems Main 192.168.0.10, the other 2, obtain address

Thanks Ken.
No computers involved. The Main PLC Micro 1400, located at office, is connected to Ethernet tunnel (trusted) and the (untrusted) is connected to the modem. Modem gives access to the other 2 Remote PLC Micro 1400, out in field, same setup. The main is just getting levels from both and then outputting signal to chart recorders in main control room. Nice easy setup. Like I said one was already working and still does. I just duplicated the remote panel working to the other remote panel.
addresses use PLC 192.168.7.110, 1192.168.7.120, 192.168.7.130
connected (trusted) 192.168.7.112, 1192.168.7.122, 192.168.7.132
Modems Main 192.168.0.10, the other 2, obtain address

Can you ping between the 2 processors you are trying to message between?

That will answer if it's a network connectivity issue or an issue with the messaging setup/programming in the controllers. I would try that first if possible.

Hey all,
Thanks for any help given. Just an update. I was able to ping all three PLC's. Allen Bradley sent me a Tech note: 751108 to resolve this issue for RSLogix 500. Was able to get messages working. Thanks again
Now i try to open a different project and get unsupported processor go to a higher version.
Never ending