Omron Programmable Terminal

Also just noticed, the data is coming from word 2018
--As your MC421 motion card is set to "Mach 0"--
Word 2018 and the next 29 words contains a lot of the data the MC card can share with the PLC.
:

I also noticed this is using G-code. That is very new to me. I have written parts programs for CNC machinery but not on the controls end. I have looked up some of the G commands and have no idea what they mean. I am sure these are specific to this type of a machine, the same as how G code in a mill could be the same number as one in a lathe however, they function entirely different. Sure did pick a somewhat complex system to learn on. Lol

AHAAAAA! Never mind the last post. I see now. The MC421 is what determines what each G code means. I wish I had time to sit down and read this document you sent me before! It makes this way more clear to me. Thanks.

"How does one decipher that?" (post 57)

The number 188 stands by itself. This indicated the CIO memory area.
A constant (actual number) would have a # or & in the front.

Only confusing thing about the manual below, it shows CIO, however CIO will NOT show up. (ONLY the first line shown below is poorly written)

See Manual W340, shows legal entries for XFER instruction:

Operands for xfer.JPG

I have an M20 instruction that I can't find in the book. I remember those were actually machine codes (spindle on, etc...).

Regarding M20 code. Have not used them.

I assume you are seeing these codes in the Motion Card? (Via Omron CX Motion Software)

From Manual W359, info on M codes is shown:

M Code.JPG

Regarding M20 code. Have not used them.

I assume you are seeing these codes in the Motion Card? (Via Omron CX Motion Software)

From Manual W359, info on M codes is shown:

Yes Sir, I am looking at the actual block programs running in the MC. It doesn't give simple instructions like G01X1.0, it gives G01 then a sort of an indirect address that is changed with arithmetic. It has several different M-codes (M020, M021, M022, M023.....) which I have no idea what they are doing. I looked in the book but I can't line these codes up to see what function they serve, like I can the G-codes.

M codes, Omron manual W359 has many sections talking about M codes.

As I have not used them......looks like you use the M code, say M20 in a line with G code, in a task (MC card task 1 for this example). if other bits or M code flags are set correctly, the plc will see the value "20" in word 2020 (see screen shot for how I determined 2020 is the M code sent from the MC card for task 1)

When the MC card gets to the line with the M code, looks like it may pause to allow the plc to move something into place or out of the way.

The PLC will know as word 2020 will equal "20" and bit 2023.08 is high (W359, page 314) also shown below.

Elsewhere in W359, you will find bits to reset the M code to allow the Motion Card program to resume.

Will look for a user guide on MC Card and M codes.....sure would be nice to have as the W359 manual is tough.....

m codes.JPG m code strobe.JPG

More info on M codes
From Guide R062
• Stopover
A stopover outputs M code or D (interrupt) code without stopping
operation after feeding the axis by the specified distance during
operation. The cycle time can be reduced by controlling
peripheral devices before the operation is completed.

Hope this helps

If you wish, post some of your G code, perhaps some may be able to help.

I have figured them out by watching the machine run......Yes, it is now running, thanks to everyone's help here. 🍻

I have a question about the MOVD instruction, which I couldn't find an answer to in the book. Is the control word in BCD or an UINT? For example, the CW is #12. Thanks

Glad it has worked out!!

What was the solution?

MrPLC had a word doc that explained it well beyond the books definition. Also, I re-read about 6 posts before this, where you explained the # and the &.

Curious to see if this has any significant information, other than the device capabilities? Is it showing me what is being used?

View attachment OMRON QUESTION.bmp

Post 72;
I was wondering what was the solution to the original issue preventing the system from running?

Post 73 above;
No, does NOT show I/O being used. The Cross Reference does.
It does show you the I/O is assigned word 100. (way to the left.)

Assuming this rack is in your CS1G system, The cards in slot 07, 08 and 09 are analog cards. As the newer CS1G system allows the use of MUCH older C200H I/O cards, the PLC does not know exactly what type of card it is.

Post 72;
I was wondering what was the solution to the original issue preventing the system from running?

Post 73 above;
No, does NOT show I/O being used. The Cross Reference does.
It does show you the I/O is assigned word 100. (way to the left.)

Assuming this rack is in your CS1G system, The cards in slot 07, 08 and 09 are analog cards. As the newer CS1G system allows the use of MUCH older C200H I/O cards, the PLC does not know exactly what type of card it is.

No, this is the C200HX. After reading the books you sent me for the compobus and devicenet modules, I figured out which registers exactly, they are using (thank you).

I still don't know what happened. No one will admit to doing anything. First, the robot tipped-over, maint dept worked on it for two weeks before calling in engineering so......... . Ended up replacing 3 damaged servo amps, had to upgrade from Sigma1 to Sigma7 (Yaskawa), then get the CS1G and C200HX to be happy with the new hardware, more importantly, the horizontal machining center. Now that everyone is talking and happy, it is running. It's all academic at this point, as there is no documentation at all for any of this, including unlabeled PLC programs.