Omron Programmable Terminal

I am still having trouble getting the PC that runs this executable to talk to the C200HX. I am using comm board B. As mentioned before, I have its sister robot working right next to it so, I compared and contrasted the port settings and they are identical. When I connect the PC to the sister PLC (another C200HX) the .exe opens just fine. The only other thing left is for me to try a new PLC, that I can think of. The .exe is a simple VB program but I do not have any development software files or nothing, just the .exe. When I plug the PC from the sister machine into this PLC, it won't load either. I swapped coms cables, reboot PLC a million times, this will not open with this PLC, which is what leads me to believe it must be the serial port on the PLC.....right?

PC to C200HX comms

Com "B" is normally used for an extra com card installed in the CPU housing.

1. What com board part number is installed in both PLC's?

2. What are com port B settings in both? How are you "Looking" at the settings.
In order to "see" the settings, go online, double click on settings,
slide over until you can see Com B,
Click on Com B tab.
Now you see the settings in the Laptops's CXP program file.

3. In order to see what is in the PLC, after doing all the steps in 2,
Click on "Options" (up higher in the settings tab)
Than click on "Transfer from PLC" or you could click "Verify"

Hope this helps

Com B.JPG Com boards.JPG

Com "B" is normally used for an extra com card installed in the CPU housing.

1. What com board part number is installed in both PLC's?

2. What are com port B settings in both? How are you "Looking" at the settings.
In order to "see" the settings, go online, double click on settings,
slide over until you can see Com B,
Click on Com B tab.
Now you see the settings in the Laptops's CXP program file.

3. In order to see what is in the PLC, after doing all the steps in 2,
Click on "Options" (up higher in the settings tab)
Than click on "Transfer from PLC" or you could click "Verify"

Hope this helps
This is a side-by-side comparison with the two PLC's. Everything is the same. Do these ports have a tendency to go bad? How could I test the port itself? No one has made any changes to these port values from the original.
View attachment C200HX settings.bmp

Just to make sure, Did you verify what's in the PLC and file by steps outlined in post 77 steps 2 and 3?

Just to make sure, Did you verify what's in the PLC and file by steps outlined in post 77 steps 2 and 3?

Yes Sir, that's where I obtained that info in the screenshots above. I saved them whilst online with each.

How big of a deal is it to swap the serial cards from one PLC to the other. The other machine is down for other reasons at the machine tools so it wouldn't hurt anything for it to be without its CPU, for now. I have already uploaded the current program as well as the memory files.

Easy to swap cards.
ensure to save actual settings for ALL ports in each PLC.
Power down, swap, power up.
program mode, Load settings
switch to run or monitor.

Easy to swap cards.
ensure to save actual settings for ALL ports in each PLC.
Power down, swap, power up.
program mode, Load settings
switch to run or monitor.

Since both are identical, I shouldn't even need to transfer anything, right, just do a verify?

I swapped coms modules and the problem still exists at this one PLC but not the other so, that leaves the PLC connection between the card and the CPU.

I swapped CPU's and now it's communicating. Could you please expand upon "it could be in the code" please? I am asking because sometimes when this VB .exe tries to load, it gets a Runtime Error 13 message, which is data mismatch.

Hopefully others can jump in who may understand serial communications better than I....

Which com module is installed?
What are the led's showing for Com B?

As you have a custom built Personal Computer application communicating with the Omron RS232 port, code needs to exist in the PLC to receive or share data with the PC application.

There are many ways do do this. Attachment shows just the beginning of the section in manual W322-E1-04, second attachment is the index for section 8.

C200HX manual snip, section 5-8.JPG C200HX manual snip, section 5-8 Index.JPG

NT631 "ref"

From NTST manual V061-E1-06 page 283.

Ref
Indicates whether the table entry with the specified number is already used or
not.
Yes: Already used as an element.
No: Not used.
If the indication is Yes, you can check where the table entry in question is used by clicking on the icon that says reference.
(For details of , refer to 7-1-1 Reference Operation.)

DM (Data Memory) memory areas retain their value upon power down, unless code changes them at power up.

From NTST manual V061-E1-06 page 283.

Ref
Indicates whether the table entry with the specified number is already used or
not.
Yes: Already used as an element.
No: Not used.
If the indication is Yes, you can check where the table entry in question is used by clicking on the icon that says reference.
(For details of , refer to 7-1-1 Reference Operation.)

DM (Data Memory) memory areas retain their value upon power down, unless code changes them at power up.
šŸ™ƒ Thank you.