Ignition Edge. What to Install?

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a customer specifying we use Ignition Edge. I know they are very good at letting you demo their software but I can't figure out what to download and install to start testing.

On the download page there is something called
Ignition Edge - Windows 64-bit zip

I got this but it just looks like some .BAT files that don't really do anything.

Any direction appreciated.

I sent a question in to Ignition as well. They said that I may need to install standard ignition before installing Edge.

The other weird thing was that running the start-ignition.bat file did not open up my browser. when I opened it manually with the right address then it worked.

The standard installer gives you a radio check box option:
Full fledged Ignition or Ignition Edge. The two can not co-exist.

What OS are you installing on?

The other weird thing was that running the start-ignition.bat file did not open up my browser. when I opened it manually with the right address then it worked.

It's not supposed to. It just starts the gateway.

Looks like you did everything correctly, if you can see the homepage.