Panel View on DeviceNet

paulB

This is one of the assembly stations, which are very typical in our plant.
Panel View PV-600 is one of the nodes on the DeviceNet network (SLC -500 5/05 CPU and 1747-SDN). We are using memory card to upload/download program to Panel View. After downloading new program to the Panel View and switching from configuration mode to the run mode Panel View screen displays communication error. Then this error clears itself and everything works fine. Sometimes you have to wait long time for the communication error to clear (3-5 minutes) and still do not know will it clear or not. After cycling power (turning disconnect off and on) everything restarts without errors. Unfortunately turning disconnect off is not desired. It is cycling power on other equipment (gages), besides PLC rack and Panel View.
When I am saying, downloading new program to Panel View, it is some modifications of old program, so everything is within the same communication setup (baud rate, scanner words size, etc.) I am wondered what proper procedure to download program to Panel View in the running DeviceNet network would be? Is it requires cycling power on Panel View, PLC, both, switching PLC from Run to Program, and back to Run?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Paul Bronshteyn.