You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old January 13th, 2022, 05:28 PM   #1
one_plc_for_everyone
United States

Sipha 2 control unit

I have a couple questions regarding this safety relay.

First, what does the symbol mean next to the k1 k2 (aux). The one that kinda looks like a Y with the two horizontal lines through it.

Second, I'm not sure that I understand how everything is supposed to work in this diagram. Currently if I supply 24v to 23 and 13, and a momentary pushbutton from x1 and x2, the circuit works as I intend, ie, when the safety inputs are actuated, the outputs (24 and 14) stop working and don't work again until I put them back and hit the pushbutton reset.

I guess I'm just curious for what they are going for in this diagram with the momentary start button and k1 k2 (aux).

Thanks
Old January 14th, 2022, 02:05 AM   #2
chud
South Africa

They have 2 contactors k1 and k2 breaking the 3 phase power when an emergency is detected. The reset circuit (reset button and 2 normally closed contacts of k1 and k2) is there to make sure the 2 line contactors did open when the emergency happened. so only once they are open and the emergency signals are present wil the reset button reset the circuit
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum