Sipha 2 control unit

I have a couple questions regarding this safety relay.

98R1Q5e.png

First, what does the symbol mean next to the k1 k2 (aux). The one that kinda looks like a Y with the two horizontal lines through it.

Second, I'm not sure that I understand how everything is supposed to work in this diagram. Currently if I supply 24v to 23 and 13, and a momentary pushbutton from x1 and x2, the circuit works as I intend, ie, when the safety inputs are actuated, the outputs (24 and 14) stop working and don't work again until I put them back and hit the pushbutton reset.

I guess I'm just curious for what they are going for in this diagram with the momentary start button and k1 k2 (aux).

Thanks

They have 2 contactors k1 and k2 breaking the 3 phase power when an emergency is detected. The reset circuit (reset button and 2 normally closed contacts of k1 and k2) is there to make sure the 2 line contactors did open when the emergency happened. so only once they are open and the emergency signals are present wil the reset button reset the circuit