Logixpro simulator elevator example

Mitljuilaidis

M
Hi, guys I wonder if anyone of you have a ladder diagram for elevator simulator in logixpro. I'm student and just stat to learn abou PLC. I downloaded logixpro and thinking to buy it. However it's seems very complicate for me, so if anyone has example of elevator (or any other except silo simulator) to share I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you

Hi, guys I wonder if anyone of you have a ladder diagram for elevator simulator in logixpro. I'm student and just stat to learn abou PLC. I downloaded logixpro and thinking to buy it. However it's seems very complicate for me, so if anyone has example of elevator (or any other except silo simulator) to share I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you

I wish I could help man. I too am new at learning PLC's, but I haven't asked a question on this forum because I read some peoples' answers and they seem to know it all and just want to call beginners lazy and stupid, so I hope you get an answer man. I too am trying to learn about elevators and I ran across your post. My professor tells me to create an elevator ladder logic Program in LogixPro and we just started using this program last week.

I have no idea where to put the inputs for each floor of the elevator. I am assuming they all go on different rungs and on top of that my text and the professor doesn't tell me at which level on a ladder diagram are motors supposed to always be placed.

I mean I see that most motors and coils in the text are on that top rung, but I saw somewhere online that someone put a motor on the 3rd rung too. So I am really confused at the order of the rungs and if there is a mandatory way to go about placing specific inputs in a certain order rung-wise or if you can use any rungs you want.

I tried making an elevator yesterday in LogixPro and I put a start and stop switch at the top rung and a timer along with motor at the output of that rung then I made 2 more rungs representing two floors of my building and put a timer input then a pushbutton on each rung input and coils at the outputs. Since I have no previous knowledge and have not seen an example of an elevator ladder diagram before I am lost at what the hell I am doing.

I just know the basics like how all inputs are on the left side of the ladder and all output devices are on the right. I understand how the NO buttons work and NC buttons work and give you a logic high or low when voltage/current is applied. I am just lost like you are at how the hell to do this diagram because the textbook I have sucks and my coarse is online. I mean this text made it 4 times harder to finish my first week homework problems because I got frustrated with them and then decided to use another text from a previous class and found a clearer explanation for how to do things than in this text, but that text was basics of controllers.

Now it's the 4th week of class and the old controllers text doesn't cover this new info about PLC's so I am kind of screwed here, but not giving up. I just wish people would be nicer when they already know how to do things because they were once lost on something in life before too

RazorRob...

#1 - As Mickey said, people here do not give free answers to someone who is looking to have their homework done for them.

#2 - The post that you responded to is over 5 YEARS OLD!

#3 - I'm not sure where you are taking PLC training...but you should STOP, IMMEDIATELY! LogixPro has many, many different exercises in it from beginner to advanced...and the elevator is the hardest one to do. It requires advanced programming that shouldn't be attempted by someone who is just starting. If your instructor just told you to do the elevator first, just a few weeks into class, then he or she obviously has NO idea what they are doing, and I can pretty well assure you that you are going to learn NOTHING that way except how to get frustrated.

RazorRob...

#1 - As Mickey said, people here do not give free answers to someone who is looking to have their homework done for them.

#2 - The post that you responded to is over 5 YEARS OLD!

#3 - I'm not sure where you are taking PLC training...but you should STOP, IMMEDIATELY! LogixPro has many, many different exercises in it from beginner to advanced...and the elevator is the hardest one to do. It requires advanced programming that shouldn't be attempted by someone who is just starting. If your instructor just told you to do the elevator first, just a few weeks into class, then he or she obviously has NO idea what they are doing, and I can pretty well assure you that you are going to learn NOTHING that way except how to get frustrated.

I agree with that, start of with something simple, a direct online stater, or a star delta starter to get the hang of things, see how the inputs influence the outputs

I am just lost like you are at how the hell to do this diagram because the textbook I have sucks and my coarse is online.
RazorRob305,
I think you are not quite ready for prime-time yet, and will have trouble programming the LogixPro Elevator Exercises.

Have you clicked on that little yellow label "Downloads" right above "Post Reply", in the top portion of your screen?

Last edited: