Problem with HSC AB Micrologix 1400

bp34907

I am trying to use the HSC to monitor a pulse input from a flowmeter. I have an AB Micrologix 1400 1766-L32-BWAA and I am using RS Logix 500 to program with. The HSC is not highlighted and when I cursor over it I see a message "Configure High Speed Counter Operation". Seems simple enough but I have gone through the manual a couple of times with no luck. Any ideas?

The High Speed Counter in the ML1100 and ML1400 do not use the HSC instruction. Instead you have to set up the HSC in the function files see attached.

Once it is set up, every time the HSC is done it will execute the sub routine number you put in the first line of the set up.

Take a look at this and let us know if you need more help.

HSC SET UP.jpg

Similar Topics

I have programmed a cut-to-length system on ML1400 which I am simulating with a voltage controlled oscillator driving HSC:0. The program uses a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a strange problem with a high speed counter with a s7-1200. I have set up the hack input - it is a 2 channel a/b type which...
Replies
Views
I am trying a real simple program here. I've give DPLSY instruction to Y0 and made a wire connection so that the pulses at y0 output are reverted...
Replies
Views
Hello OK what i have is a prince diecast machine with 4 encoders on the tie bars to measure the tie bar strech that give me the tonage of the...
Replies
Views
I have a MICROLOGIX 1500 system which includes a HSC module. One of the counters is configured as a ring counter. When the counter overflow bit is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom