GX Developer 8 - GX IEC Developer

jim5

Is there any way of converting a function block that was created in GX IEC Developer to a form that can be used in GX Developer 8, to progarm a FX 1N plc...

My problem is that in GX Developer you can only use function blocks with the Q series of plcs and as im usin an FX type Im at a dead end. i am a complete novice but i no there has to be a way (even if manually recreating the process) If anyone knows how, i can send on the code. or if ya can point me in the right direction..

I konow to buy GX IEC Developer would be one solution. but i dont have the cash.
There is a demo CD but i dont no how much it demos.and i need a solution that can be worked with for 4 months.

thanks everyone
James

The only real way is to write it as it appears in the plc in raw code.
GXiec is a workround, the plc's are only capable of using actual memory areas & have no real local variable storage.
IEC takes areas to use a temporary storage.
If you have a simple function in iec that takes two variables in & exports one variable ie. Multiply two words & give a result then all GXiec does is as follows:
Mov D100 D600 ( put value in D100 into temp word)
Mov K20 D601 ( put multiplier into Temp word)
jmp p30 ( jump to the routine)
mov D602 D101 (when sub returns put value into D101
rest of prog
FEND End of main program
****subroutine*******
P30:
Mul D600 D601 D602 multply then store in temp variable
Ret
End
you can then do the same again using
different variables loading them into D600 Etc then jump to the same routine
this is the same as
Func Mul
----------! !---------------+--------------+
D100 !In 1 Out! D101
! !
K20 !In 2 !
+------------+
Not worth it for smal subroutines or functions but for larger standard routines it will save memory space.