1st grade timer question

rscott9399

Stupid question i know but i know i have seen this done before and yet i cant get it to work

For the preset value of a TON
I want to use a tag instead of a number

I am creating an AOI instruction and i want one of the inputs to be the preset value of a timer that is in the function.

I have an INPUT variable tag for the function but the timer will not accept it.
the type is DINT which is suppose to be what the TON instruction takes

What did i miss?

Thanks guys

yep that will work for me purpose, although not elegant,
sorry useless post right here lol

For a more elegant solution, make the DInt tag an ALIAS to the Timer.PRE. The DInt tag is an Input, and so is exposed outside of the AOI. The timer is Local scoped.

Because it's an alias, no MOV is required to get the tiger's preset from outside of the AOI to the TIN instruction inside it.