Alternatives to the Numatics 502 Ethernet/ip manifolds

Esieli

Does anyone have any alternatives to the Numatics 502 manifolds that have Ethernet/IP adapter functionality alongside the valves? If they have m12 IO port options, that would be even better.

Thank you!

SMC offers a line of this product and Automation Direct earlier this year came out with their NITRA brand.

Using the SMC now, haven't tried the NITRA line yet.

My answer may not be helpful since it isn't pneumatic specific.

The best remote I/O on the market IMO is the Murrelektronik stuff (although Turck has some pretty sweet stuff now).

They offer an IP67 remote IO block with different D-sub pinouts for different valves. I've used them with Numatics, SMC, etc. The great thing is you just use one style IO for many different pneumatic products, buy the standard 25 pin d-sub option (or whatever connector you hook to) and you are done.

If you use their remote IO offerings, it is usually a lot cheaper to use these blocks. If it is just a one-off manifold or something similar it might not be worth the money.

The reason I love Murr above all the rest is that thier IO all works on a single IP address. For smaller applications, the Turck stuff is awesome because it has self-programming options.

Festo have the CPX series and SMC have the EX245/EX250/EX260/EX500 series. Both of these offer pneumatics and I/O in various configurations. I have used both a number of times. Easy to set up, good documentation and work well.

Last edited:
I have used the Festo CPX electronic modules also. But it was with ethercat. They do offer ethernet though.
Worked well, makes all the cable runs short and no j-boxes needed. I was using them for remote conveyor stations. I had inputs and outputs with the adapter. All M12.