converting S5 to S7

dek7

hello every body,i am new in conversion and i have some problem to convert fb250(RLG:AE)and fb251(RLG:AA),[analog i/o] .
i have confusion between using ti_s7 converting block in standard library(scale:FC105 and unscale:FC106) or s5_s7 converting block
using FC100 untill FC109.

can sombody help me please.

I believe it's possible to use old S5 analogue I/O with a new S7 CPU, with various weird interface modules and links. In this case the S5 I/O would send data back to the S7 CPU in their own native data format. This is the only time you would ever make use of FB250 and FB251.

Standard S7 analogue I/O however uses an entirely different data format. This just happens to be the same format TI used when Siemens bought them. So for some strange reason, Siemens hid their standard scale and unscale functions in a library called "TI-S7 Conversion". Why didn't they just make FC105 and FC106 standard system functions and remove all reference to TI? That way, everybody, whether using standard S7 modules or TI modules would have used the same functions regardless. Who knows? Anyway, for all normal purposes use FC105 and FC106 if you are using S7 I/O.

regards

Ken

PS : For the nit-pickers (like me) I said the data format of S7 and TI was the same. I appreciate the range of values used is different but they are the same type of data.