1756-M08Se

JCreel

Hello,

I just recently flashed a L7 processor from version 20 to version 32 and my sercos card is flashing the green ok status LED. When i go into module properties it says it is in "Program Mode" Help would be appreciated

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Did you also update the firmware in your 1756-M08SE SERCOS motion module ? In general, motion modules need to match the firmware of the controller, and version 32.001 is available for download for the 1756-M08SE.

Thanks Ken for the help,

And yes i did flash the module up to Version 32 as well. The ring light and the other status LED are solid green but the ok light is flashing. And i looked on rockwells forums and all they tell me is that the module is "not configured" which cant be true.

I would like the point out that the drives that i am controlling are in an off state at the moment for maintenance. Would this problem resolve itself once we boot those back up?

Again thanks for all the assistance

I believe you are correct that this will likely take care of itself when the drives are powered up. I suspect the SERCOS card is attempting to write parameters to and trigger phase transitions in drives that aren't responding. I wouldn't get too worried until the drives are available again.

Keith

We will be starting up soon and I’ll drop a follow up comment if this resolves the issues.

Thanks for all the help. It is very much appreciated.

Gentlemen,

I booted drives up and all issues were resolved. Thanks for the quick response and I definitely look forward to using this forum in the future.

"Do or Do not, There is no Try" -Yoda