1756-l82es/b upload error

old97ss

so I am trying to upload the program on a new piece of machinery. it has a 1756-l82es/b installed. when I go to upload it works until I get to "uploading all controller tags". at which point it faults out. errors give "error: couldn't be found", then "error: failed to upload tags". the plc does show some minor faults

Minor Fault (Type 04) Program Fault (Code 06) GSV/SSV Operand Invalid

I don't "think" that is related but im not sure. the only other thing I see is under security it shows "no protection, safety locked"

any help is appreciated and any questions you have I can answer.

Thanks.

Why are you uploading ?

Don't you have an offline copy of the program ?

If you haven't, then you won't be able to get online to fix the GSV/SSV error, which I believe may be the cause of your upload woes. I think the programming software is less tolerant than the PLC it seems.

Or could it be the machinery supplier has found a devious way to prevent an upload ..... just saying ..

this thought has crossed my mind but the faults clear and am still unable to upload and they don't come immediately back. and yes no offline copy.

yes tried all positions, tried ethernet, usb. sd card just has recipes and cant store if im not online unless there is a work around for that

Not sure if you already did this or method below will help:
Rename your offline file or move it someplace. Try to upload to an empty file.
It’s important to get rid of old file to prevent software from finding it during upload.

I have the same problem

I'm getting the exact same problem on a 1756-L82E, same error and it stops the upload and I can't connect to the PLC. I've contacted the OME for help.

Same exact situation with a 5069-L330ERM. A few minor faults from SSV/GSV that clear fine and the same two error messages.

I was unable to resolve this and had to get the offline project file.

CaptainWinky, could you post a screenshot of the error. Also, LogixDesigner has the error window at the bottom of the screen, is there any interesting information there?

My first instinct is that maybe there is some feature that your install of LogixDesigner doesn't support. For example, the controller has some FBD stuff but your version of Logix doesn't include FBD. Just a WAG.

My first instinct is that maybe there is some feature that your install of LogixDesigner doesn't support. For example, the controller has some FBD stuff but your version of Logix doesn't include FBD. Just a WAG.

It should still upload, but you won't be able to edit the FBD, SFC, or STL routines.