1756-L8x Question

mort81

I'm trying to find clarification from the Rockwell documents what it means to an L8x that controller connections are "not applicable" as in L7x all had 500. The document then goes on to state the limitations on Network nodes are depending on version flashed, but are much less than 500. But I read that to be Ethernet/IP only limitations.

Can someone help shed some light here? I know the L8x finally utilizes the multiple cores of the CPU, but did that translate that the connections limitations went away? I understand the limitations per I/O card type still remain. I'm really just interested in how much each of the L8x CPUs can handle.

Thank you in advance.

(y)

Similar Topics

I noticed something that’s mostly just a curiosity. Maybe someone here knows. An IT system is reading a L82 with the on-board IP and 1,0 added...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon folks, We have twin PowerFlex 755 480V, 14A AC drives (v14.005 fw) with embedded Ethernet that perform the same function side by...
Replies
Views
Having heard about the Intel quad core in the new L8 series processors, I was eager to get a new project where I could use one. That day came and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a ControlLogix system with 1756-IF16 analogue inputs. I can't scale the inputs at the card as there is a requirement to facilitate...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two quick questions: 1- Could I use 1756-IA16/A with TTL inputs? Sourcing (PNP)? Sinking (NPN)? Either one? 2- What does /A in the part...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom