RSLogix5000 is Cancelling Download

Thor Hammer

PLC: Compact Logix 1769-L33ER
Ver: 32.02

Before the weekend I was able to communicate and download to the PLC without issue. The panel view plus as well.

Back after 4 days away and all that happened during that time was I changed my laptops static IP to a different address to communicate with a different platform.

I set my static IP on the laptop to the same as before (first 3 octets match the PLC and PV) upon my return. No X's or yellow ? marks in RSWho. I can ping the PLC from the cmd prompt and no errors. I can download to the PV and no errors.

When I try to go online with the PLC it first asks me to download the offline program as I've made some updates. It starts then after about 2 seconds popup screen appears that states "cancelling download"

Really stuck on this one. Any insight greatly appreciated!

You may want to double check the firmware revision on the file you are trying to download and make sure it's 32 also. Perhaps you grabbed an old file on an older version? From my memory, I've seen this issue when the plc firmware mismatches with the logix file revision.

Solution found. I, for whatever reason (lack of experience with this platform is my excuse) did not verify the program and controller. Once the warnings and errors were addressed all is ok.