1762 Micro logix 1200 Ver.C Memory Type?

id10t_error

Lifetime Supporting Member
What type of internal memory does the MicroLogix 1200 Ver.C have?
In the documentation, there is only an internal non-removable battery for the clock, does that apply to the program memory?

We have a Micro Logix 1200 ver.C (without expansion memory) that's behaving strangely.

The processor's power light is green with a flashing fault light, but as we try to upload and go online, an " Upload Compile Error" occurs once the upload progress bar reaches 100% and closes. The compile error is short, containing no other information. We tried uploading several times, but the "upload compile error" remained.

I found it strange that we could browse the processor's data tables in rsLinx Classic but unable to upload. We eventually downloaded the backup program, and the processor worked until the next day (I don't know if the operator's kill the power at night).

The internal memory must be screwed, or some internal battery is dead, thus wiping internal memory if it's not flash.

Maybe a 1762-MM1 module might fix the problem.

The program is stored in volatile memory. There is a replaceable battery to back it up- I would check that first.