EDS file for PowerFlex Drive?

busarider29

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings from Michigan,

I want to use a PowerFlex 755 drive with a Beckhoff controller. The drive has a "PowerFlex 20-750-ENETR Dual-port Ethernet/IP module" on it. I plan to use that and communicate with it over ENet-IP. What EDS file/s do I require and is there one available, either for the drive, the module, or both? I found EDS file for PowerFlex 755 drive on the Rockwell website, but the link to download it says "PowerFlex 755 drive with Embedded Ethernet IP". The drive I am using obviously does not have Ethernet IP embedded.

Thanks,
D

If you got to Rockwell PCDC website search just “powerflex 755”. It will show you the 755 profile along with the other 700 series drives. Click on “select files” the eds files download is at the bottom of all the files listed.

The PF755 has embedded ethernet, it can also have the 20-750-ENETR.

The PF753 does not have embedded ethernet for that you will need an add on module, it could be a 20-COMM-E with adaptor or the 20-750-ENETR.

The 20-750-ENETR gives you the choice of using DLR (Device Level Ring) on the PF755, you can control the drive by the card or use the 300mm supplied cable to connect to the embedded ethernet port.

The 20-750-ENETR has a switch on it the lets it act like a 1783-ETAP or to act as normal ethernet card.

Alan