Point IO and Node-Red

Maxkling

I have a spare 1734-AENT adapter laying around and was wondering if it would be possible to make a connection without a processor, specifically with Node-Red. I installed the package, but I'm getting hung up on tag name. Can you direct address this as an IO adapter?

Point I/O modules exchange data via class 1 implicit connection. These types of connections take place on a repeating specific time interval (RPI). It's data isn't exchanged by "tag name". It is most likely that your node red module makes class 3 explicit connections.

When node-red makes the request, in wireshark, you'll probably see a successful register session, then an attempt at the forward open, but the Point I/O module probably replies with something like "service not supported", or some kind of CIP error.

I'm just taking a guess at this, I've never used this node red module.