Micro830

realolman

I have a Micro830 PLC and have the software installed. Because I have not had any luck so far, I have reduced the logic to 1 rung with an _IO_EM_DI_00 input and a _IO_EM_DO_00 output.

I picked these right off the dropdown list.

I have used visual basic for a long time and the programming environment seems a bit similar.

I build the project download and debug... the software is talking to the PLC because it shows as being connected and asks about the remote run switch etc.

When try to debug and I touch the voltage to the input, the indicator on the PLC lights up, but I see no indication on the ladder logic that the input has changed and the output does not change.

What am I doing wrong?

i think you are not gonna see light on ladder logic, just on plc and visual basic you program the output on VB.

I gotta be connected and in run mode because it asks me if I want to change to program mode to download and if I want to change back to run mode when it's done. It indicates all of this on the IDE

The input lites up on the PLC, so it must be recognizing the input.

I gotta be connected and in run mode because it asks me if I want to change to program mode to download and if I want to change back to run mode when it's done. It indicates all of this on the IDE

Silly question,
did you connect COM0 to the ground?
AND
What typ of controller do you have 2080-LC30-xxxx?

Last edited:
Silly question,
did you connect COM0 to the ground?

10QWB

Not all that silly .. I can do several dumb things at once... I did connect COM0 on the input ... I have nothing connected to the output.

I see no indication that the input or the output is true in the software... just on the PLC.

I started a new project, configured the PLC, wrote a 1 rung ladder logic, built it ...0 errors, downloaded it, got messages asking if I wanted to go to program mode and then back to run mode, start debugging, and the software shows the PLC is connected, in run mode... I touch 24vdc to input 1 and it lites up on the PLC, does nothing in the software, and the ouptut doesn't lite up either on th PLC or the software

10QWB

I did connect COM0 on the input ... I have nothing connected to the output.

Sorry, but COM0 to DC0V and your input I-00 to DC24V, am i right?

Really weird that it shows nothing.
If you make another line with just set an output (directly)?
Or try a different input, maybe your input doesnt work.

And under Micro830 -> Embedded I/O
No latches enabled?

Best regards,
crawler009

Last edited:

Again, this may be wrong due to my unfamiliarity, but at least in RSLogix 500 changing it back to run mode after downloading doesn't automatically put you online. There's usually another prompt after that that asks you if you want to go online.

There's a difference between just having a communications channel available to the processor and actually monitoring the logic.

When you say you try to debug, are you clicking on the "Debug" drop-down menu and then "Start Debugging?" or otherwise hitting F5?

There's a difference between just having a communications channel available to the processor and actually monitoring the logic.

When you say you try to debug, are you clicking on the "Debug" drop-down menu and then "Start Debugging?" or otherwise hitting F5?

The software says I am online I click the dropdown debug theres also a little arrow... if youve ever used visualbasic its very similar

I am online w rockwell now.. they don't seem to have an answer

Hi realolman,

can u zip your proyect and post it?
Than tomorrow i can load it my controller to test it.
Which version of CCW do u have?

Best regards,
crawler009

can u zip your proyect and post it?

Actually I can't... but that is very kind of you to offer.

I don't really have a project... I've spent much of the past three days installing and uninstalling the CCW software and calling rockwell

To me, this is a new programming environment, and a new kind of PLC. I had great difficulty installing the software, and early on in trying to create a project it seemed to me that things were not working... so what I ended up doing was making a new project, configuring it to the hardware, and making a ONE RUNG ladder logic... an input on the PLC turning on an output on the PLC.

I can build it with no errors, download it, and turn the PLC from rem run, to program, to rem run again... the software says I am connected but when I try to debug it, the debug doesn't show anything happening.. elements are supposed to be blue and turn red when true... mine's always black...

but the PLC doesn't work either. I light up the input and the output doesn't light up.

I spent 2 hours on phone with rockwell today... updated firmware in PLC and tried several things ... nuthin.

Now here's the REAL kicker... I created a new project and UPLOADED the contents of the PLC into the programming software, and there it was ... one rung one input and one output... doesn't work in PLC OR software debug.

So it seems that the PLC doesn't work... or the software is not putting enough "stuff" into the PLC... it's downloading whatever it takes to display the ladder logic... but I don't know if it's downloading everything it takes to actually make the PLC "work"

I'll tell you it's a puzzlement.

ok.
Can you make a program like the attached "output_test.JPG",
to see is your output is working?
And the Led in the PLC, Power and Run should be green,
the rest turnd off. I suppose thats your case.

output_test.JPG

Last edited:
I will do that.

The rung with just the coil on it is an interesting thought.

I also see some of the timer parameters that I did not get from the help.

Thank you for your interest and help.

I tried your little program... I think it is very clever.

Thanks for posting...

anyway, it built and downloaded with no problems... was able to switch from run to prog to run again and turned on debug. No errors.

Same thing... nothing happening on the PLC or Debug.

Either this software is not downloading everything it needs to be downloading or the PLC doesn't work, AND the software doesn't work.

I had a lot of trouble installing the software, and the last time I did the Rockwell rep said I did not have to un install it before installing it ( for the third time )

I think I am going to un install it first and then try to install it again.

... unless you have an alternative suggestion.

again, crawler009... thanks for that little program... that shed some light on things for sure.

@realolman: youre welcome :)

That's so strange that you can download and switch prog and run,
but nothing happens. Never had a similar problem.
Maybe it helps uninstall/install everything.
I had to reinstall like 3 o 4 time my Rslinx (because i couldnt start it anymore), but not the CCW. And in that case there were no connection between PLC and Laptop.

Wish u luck