1768-l43 / l45

PLC Pie Guy

Hey all.

Perhaps a distributor question but some opinion never hurt.

I use a ton of L43 and L45 processors. Many already installed and still using them for some new projects. Of course stuck at V20. I also use some 1769 stuff like the L30ER and ERM and some L35 as well that I get to use V30 for. My question is, will the 1768 stuff ever get firmware upgraded or should I try to not use them anymore. I just don't want to get left in the dust. What could I replace them with that doesn't have the onboard Ethernet ports, meaning, I still want to use the pair of 1768-ENBT modules I have for each L43-45.

Sorry I'm not up to date on all the product lines and models available.

What's the thoughts here?

Thanks

I'm sure they will never get a new major firmware revision update. Maybe a minor revision or two.

As for what to replace them with, if you want the 2 Ethernet adapters, your only option really is to replace them with ControlLogix. Or the newer 5380 compact logix where the two embedded ports can be assigned different addresses (essentially like having 2 different adapters).

Those processors are getting long in the tooth, I haven't used either in probably 5-6 years. I wouldn't be surprised to hear they're getting a Silver Listing date.