Siemens s7-300 profibus controlling vacon

Keta-

Hey guys!

Im using step7 v5.6.
I have s7-300 on my desk, connected to vacon v20 i installed the opte5 card in the v20. So now im trying to control and read some parameters like actual current and speed and drive fault bit...trough profibus.

Im just strugling here.. any one have any example programs? Or good pointers what should i be looking for. I have checked the manuals, and still bit fuzzy... i know i need to send the control word to drive and speed preference..

Any help is appreciated..🍻

You need Vagon Gsd file for step7. Import it to step7 program, then you need to link control bits to word and spped reference to IO addresses which you chhosed for vacon on hardware config.

* Download the correct gsd file for Vacon and install it in Step 7.
* Insert Vacon on profibus network
* Choose PPO type according to your needs
* Set addresses for data
* Program following the manual

Attached is an example from Step 7 HW config

S7_Vacon.JPG

Thx, i got the hw part done and the vacon parameters.

Im sending a 16#47E with move to the output and then 16#47F but the vacon won't start.. am i on the right track here? Also im sending the speed with 16#47F

is PLC seeing Vacon on profibus (Go to online view, double click hardware and check that connection is OK on hardware view(No red cross.)
If connection is ok then control word = 47e = stop, 47F=start, speed is controlled by -10000..10000 values

from Vacon settenig, you have selected field control and vacon is on remote mode. Also it isn't stopped of panel stop button?
If you change speed reference from PLC, is reference also changing to same on Vacon screen?

I took the option board off from the vfd, set system parameter 4.2 to 1 so it loaded factory defaults. Then i i added the basic parameters and set the vfd to local mode then tryed starting the motor from vfd's keypad. Gave it reference speed fist from the keypad.. Still no luck..

on local mode, will it run either from keypad's run /stop buttons?

Not ready :unsure:
Fieldbus will give also ready to start signal to VFD with 47E/F.
On default interlock signal is from DI-input. Have you changed it to point fieldbus also, otherwise you need connect VFD's +24 to DI input.

On local mode it won't run..
Yes not ready on the display of the vacon theres an arrow run,ready,stop the arrow sits on the stop position..
Can't remember the parameter but i changed all to fieldbus control. I even loaded parameters with the vacon software from running vfd.. and nothing..

check parameter P5.5 / Ext. Fault open, It is on default DI0.
Fieldbus control can programmed to be place A or B. On basic control I think that it is A.