Yet another Weintek question (#3)

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
So back at this again. Thanks for all the help so far, you guys are amazing. What I am looking to do here is make a some sort of object with multiple states. There are two main things I want to accomplish:

Number one: I want to have some kind of lamp/indicator that will show a specific graphic when a part of the system is OFF, another when the system is ON, and a third state when the that section of the system has an alarm present so that the operator knows exactly which station the alarm is at.

Number two: I have a glycol pump system that I have a startup/shutdown/idle sequence. I would like to make some kind of indicator that will let the operator know what part off the sequence the pump is in. I keep track of the sequence via an array of bits in the PLC so that one and only one bit can be on at any one time, and it includes a fault state that breaks it out of the sequence if any faults are detected.

How would I go about doing this?

EDIT: for the status indicator for each station with an alarm state, I was really thinking about placing an object directly on top of the state indicator, and having the alarm indicator invisible if there were to be no alarm present.

Last edited:
You can create your own library of indicators with what states you want.Then use either a bit lamp or word lamp. I create mine in visio with color, shape and text I want for each shape then save as a bit map. You can call these up one at a time to create your own indicators in your Project library.

I was incorrect you need to use the word lamp when having multiple states. when you create your word lamp set it for the number of states you want and under the shape tab select picture and from your project library select the one you created.I have always used value but they have LSB, Bit Combination, or change by time as selections also.

If you can't find a graphic object already in their file you will have to create your own. (I use Corel Draw to create my objects). But you will have to create the object with how ever many different states you want (each state will have a different picture).

Then add a word lamp and make sure to tick "Multi State" (see the image) tell "word lamp" object how many states you are wanting.

Then I use a word variable to tell what state I should display.

Example: If my word variable = 2 I would display the 2nd state of my object if the word variable = 1 I would display the first state of the object, and so forth.

I hope this helps.

MultiState Lamp.jpg

Thanks a bunch guys. It would be nice if the settings for bit lamp/word lamp were a bit more robust. What I ended up doing was using two separate pictures. One for an alarm flashing indicator, and another for an on/off indicator.

I put the on/off indicator layered just above the alarm indicator. I used a word lamp for the on/off indicator so that I could set it to a value with a picture and hide it when there is an alarm. I used a bitlamp for the alarm so that I could make it flash. Tricky tricky. On a high note though, I'm about done with my station icons. I'm sure #4 will come up by the end of the week :) You guys are the bomb.

My next task is how to make this "group of objects" that I have layered switch to a window. I'm thinking perhaps an invisible square over the button that is a window switch-type object, but I have not found any way to do transparencies in here yet.

Last edited: