FT View SE Version

smohamed

Morning everyone,

I've been doing some research in terms of a version of FT that we need to run a stand-alone application. Here is our current setup:

One (1) FactoryTalk View SE Server running an application, with a ViewNode running FT SE Client. The Server is interacting with a SLC 5/05 over Ethernet. What the plan is, to take the server down for maintenance. When doing this however, the Client (Viewnode) will go down as well.

We are looking to install a laptop to be a stand-alone machine. From what I can read on AB's website, is that we need FT View SE "Station" to run the SCADA on a stand-alone computer to interact with the PLC via Ethernet. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

FTView Station is basically just a combined package of FTView Server and Client, that run on the same box. There are minor differences, but any FTView application will run on Station with almost no modification.

Back up the FTView main application, restore it to the laptop with Station, and modify the application pointers (HMI Server, Data Servers, etc) to point to the local machine rather then the network FT Directory structured servers.

(Of course, provided that the View Server and Station are at the same platform level (version) and patch level).