1747 dtam

acidflame

hello i hope you are having great day :oops:
so my problem is, i have a 1747 DTAM-E conected to a DH485 interface
it was working fine.. after some days i turn the ON the machine and the Dtam only showed on the lcd display a blinking dot "." with the status indicator in solid red.. i tryed to pres 7 8 enter at the same time to "Reset" the DTAM but it dosent do a thing even if i press all the buttons it dosent do a thing, only blinking dot and red indicator..
if you guys have any ideas what it can be or what i can do to help me out, because i cant find that error anywhere.
i attached a image of the error.

Thanks.

20190712_090257.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community, and thanks for including the photograph.

Unfortunately, a solid red status LED generally means that the module had failed its internal diagnostics and cannot recover.

The DTAM-E user manual says that you should also check the DC power supply to be sure the module is receiving a sufficient 24V DC supply voltage.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1747-um004_-en-p.pdf

Thank you again.. i did a test from the cable that is energizing the DTAM and im not reciving 24v DC.im receiving alot less . now i have to dig deeper in the PLC.. there is abig chance that i can fix my problem with that.
thank you