Stylus for PanelView Touch... ?

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've had to do a considerable amount of "squashing" on some PanelView 1500 display screens, that I'm now concerned the touch areas are too close together for Bubba's fingers... There's no overlaps, but there's only a few pixels between buttons.

Has anyone used a stylus with the PV ?
What's the best type ?
Longevity ?

My client will accept a stylus solution, as they don't want the expense of replacing the HMI with a more modern unit that can do higher resolution than a PV.

Yup, we do similar thing, tie a pencil on a string. You can probably get specialized stylus.

Keep in mind, that panelview and other industrial touchscreen are resistive so only pressure is needed so any pointy object can work.

Yes, I use a stylus all the time on Panel View screens and almost any resistive touch screen, I buy ink pens with a pressure type stylus on the non writing end so I always have one with me. I'm sure a pencil eraser would work just fine, but I work in the food industry so pencils are not allowed on the floor.

Yes, I use a stylus all the time on Panel View screens and almost any resistive touch screen, I buy ink pens with a pressure type stylus on the non writing end so I always have one with me. I'm sure a pencil eraser would work just fine, but I work in the food industry so pencils are not allowed on the floor.

But pens with ink in are allowed ???