S7-1200 not getting communication to schnieder atv320

Blue Fox

Hello all,

I have a Siemens 1200 plc which I am trying to get to communicate with a schnieder atv320 inverter with a profinet card. I have the atv320 in the tia portal project with the name and up all set, I have the correct name and up set in the inverter and can ping it all ok. If I do a search for accessible devices on tia portal it can see it but the plc can’t? I have been through the schnieder profinet manual and can’t see any thing, I have seen a video on the internet which seems to show something being added to the plc in the device configuration but can’t see why and it’s all in German unfortunately. Can anyone help? I don’t usually use schnieder inverters so this is a new problem.

Thanks
In advance.

Hello Blue,

Not familiar with the Schneider units, but a couple of things to check:

1. Go online on the VSD in TIA and assign IP and device name, just to make sure that is correct.
2. In the hardware overview, after you added the module head, did you also add the IO? We normally utilize PPO4.

Thanks for the help so far, I now have it all communicating properly but the drive doesn’t run. I am think it may be a parameter problem if anyone is any knowledge?

Try this..

First link gave me this...

Thanks for the help, I had already read that manual but it didn’t give me the answer I needed when I read. It is now all running however. The drive needed an additional input which isn’t mentioned all the way through the manual that I noticed then I found it. Think I will write an fb for controlling these now to make it easier for next time.