NEMA 7 Buttons & operators.

elevmike

It seems that AB has a corner on the market for NEMA 7 Buttons & controls. (Class 1, Division 1; hazardous locations). We recently had to replace some existing components, and Square D and Cutler Hammer does not seem to list any buttons or operator switches for this type of duty. :unsure: So I broke down and pulled another gold brick from the vault. But the question still haunts me: Who else makes these types of buttons?

Mike.

NEMA 7ABCD

We are currently knee-deep into this. We are trying our best to limit the equipment in Class I Div. I and get into Div. II.

Besides AB we are pricing Cooper Crouse-Hinds. They do have a good selection on a variety of products.

Haven't used them for a while, but Adalet used to provide explosion proof pilot devices and even complete assemblies of enclosures and devices.

Rube said:
Square D, Idec, and EAO all make NEMA 7 PBs. I've not used them but I saw them in online catalogs. Good Luck.

The origional stuff is Square D, so naturally I tried to get replacement parts etc.. However it's not listed in their catalog and cant find it online either. The distributor has no idea..(claims they never sold them), and talking to Square D has been rough at best.. All I found out is that they have an adapter ring to mount the newer style contact blocks on the older "foundry" buttons. I gave up on this because time is money and I was spending toooo much time on it.

The local AB distributer put it togeather rather quickly and with little fuss.. However I'm still trying to get over the sticker shock... $150.00 to $300.00 for each device.. :eek:

It's not just NEMA 7, its Div 1, Class 1, That seems to be the problem.

The issue is now past me but I'm still perplexed some. I'll check on Siemens, Idec and a few others for future reference..

thanks, Mike

Tom Jenkins said:
Haven't used them for a while, but Adalet used to provide explosion proof pilot devices and even complete assemblies of enclosures and devices.

Thanks Tom..Adalet..thats a new name for me. So I did a google and called them and left a message. Maybe I can get a catalog from them.

Thanks again.. Mike.