RS LOGIX5000 FBD, How to use old tag

Nyains

Hi everyone,

I am using Rslogix 5000 FBD programming, I programmed using BAND, TOT BOR instruction etc, and every time i insert instruction it create new tag for eg BAND_01, BAND_02, BAND_03 etc.

Now i have deleted BAND_02 instruction from program and when i insert new, it create a new tag BAND_04.

Now i want to use tag BAND_02 instead of BAND_04, How can i use it in online controller ? Pl help

Adding a function block to a sheet can do two things, create an instance of the instruction, and create a tag instance for that instruction. This would be annoying in ladder logic, like if we placed a TON instruction and it automatically creates TON_1 as the timer tag.

The name above some function blocks is the name of the tag it was automatically assigned.

The problem is there are tags already created and may default to the "Program Scope." In the Studio 5000 designer, go to the program where the function block routine resides at, then click on "Parameters and Local Tags," you should see a tag that matches your instruction naming. Delete or rename tags, then click on your function block instruction and rename to the desired tag. If it is not there, try looking in the "Controller Scope," "Parameters and Local Tags."

Deleting tags is possible while online, the tag has to be unused in all logic.

Last edited: