UDT data type full array issues with msg instruction

bigLee

Hello,

I made a UDT with DINT[50] and REAL[50] data types. I cannot seem to get the whole data type array to transmit. I can do all the dints, or all the reals, but not both.

Is the UDT data size too big? Do I need to msg the different data types seperately? I couldn't find much on array size limitations in AB msg instruction whitepaper.

UDT breakdown is as follows...

LS_POLLER_PACKET
-LS_POLLER_DATA_PACKET[0] "through [49]
-LS_POLLER_REALS[0] "through[49]

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!
Ben

The issue is most likely that you have reached the size limit that can be messaged, which I think is 511 bytes. There is some overhead, so the amount of user data that you can message is less than the 511 byte limit.

You will most likely have to reduce your UDT size in some way. (make 2 UDT's, reduce the array lengths, etc).

Edit: I don't use messages that often, when I do, they are certainly smaller, others may have more to say about this. I'm going with what I *think*, someone may correct me...

Last edited:
It was different size issues of udt. I can't work on both at same time(remote cellular site).

Resolved my issue. Thanks for all the good feedback!!