8 pin mini din for 1761-cbl-pm02 needed

e-unit 79

I ordered purchased a 1761-cbl-pmo2 from ebay, only to find the 8 pin mini din connector cut off and missing. Does anyone know where I could purchase the exact type of 8 pin mini din connector. I have searched on the net for a this exact connector and have been unlucky. I have a wiring diagram from rockwell's knowledge base so wiring the connector is not an issue. If anyone can point me a website or part number, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Man, that's just plain mean. You may want to get your money back (item is not as advertised) and just get the correct cable new from the local A-B distributor. Or did you check the DigiKey website. I know they can be bought, I just don't have the particular p/n or mfg. with me right now.

Thank you, jstolaruk
I only paid $5 dollars for the cable so, I'm not out a lot of money. If I can't find an 8 pin mini din connector, I may just buy a 9 pin d shell connector and make it a serial cable. But I will check out digi-key to see what I can find.

Got your money's worth, didja ?

These connectors are identical to Appletalk connectors, as long as you're making your own cables out of surplus parts.

Too bad some people are like that.

I have used this connector in the past. Mouser is a good outfit, no minimum order, quick shipping.

Be aware, this is not an easy connection to make. You will need a SMALL tip on the soldering iron! But it can be done.

Hope this will help.