Tip Stuck Countermeasure Question

zai_jnr

Dear All members,

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask question regarding resistance of earth and cable. This is not about PLC but more about to integrate signal to welding transformer gun.Actually I'm working with Motoman Robot (Yaskawa) that function to grip part then bring the part for weld at pedestal/stand welding gun. The system always got trouble when tip stuck after weld complete. The impact is robot will crash with pedestal/stand welding gun. I'm try to solve the problem by using tip stuck countermeasure.Kindly refer to PDF attach file for the method.There have the precautions to use this method which is regarding earth resistance and resistance of using wire. Who can explain for me what the meaning of this sentences and how to know/check the resistance of earth and wire.đź“š Thanx a lot for who reply to this post.

*Earth resistance of welding transformer should be greater than equal to 100 Ohm .

*Resistance of detection wire should be below 5 Ohm to use this function.

So this appears to be a spot welder.
The statement
"Earth resistance of welding transformer should be greater than equal to 100 Ohm"
is mentioned in the directions where they say the secondary of the transformer must be ungrounded. You can check with VOM from either side of transformer secondary or at the electrodes if relay is on primary (not sure what is in the dotted box between transformer and electrodes). DO THIS WHILE DEENERGIZED.

Dan Bentler

So this appears to be a spot welder.
The statement
"Earth resistance of welding transformer should be greater than equal to 100 Ohm"
is mentioned in the directions where they say the secondary of the transformer must be ungrounded. You can check with VOM from either side of transformer secondary or at the electrodes if relay is on primary (not sure what is in the dotted box between transformer and electrodes). DO THIS WHILE DEENERGIZED.

Dan Bentler

thanx for your reply..anyway how about wire resistance need to less than 5 ohm?

"Less then 5 ohm" means a good connection is required.

If you had a poor connection to the jig, you may accidentally read the circuit as open when the tip is actually stuck.