Logix 5000 2D array - all confused - please help the brain wave work

Vertical

I have done, one time, read a barcode scanner into plc and search a UDT for selected part of ASCII string and set outputs desired. This mostly came from example “Look_Up_A_Bar_Code.ACD”. All worked fine.
Now I am in a little deep and need some ideas.
Request of me: Use HMI to input an ASCII code, partial, for a (Name). This would be stored in a UDT. Along with this, write to the possible same UDT, some bools which are input from the HMI.
With this info, when the broadcast ASCII string is input to the serial port 0, search the UDT for the ASCII string (Name) and then output the bool bits that were programmed with that (Name).
There are 60 ASCII (Names) to be stored along with their respected, part of 40 bools.
Part of HMI screen. -- Can't input an image for some reason.
Next item, as you can see, is to select a specific ASCII (Name) and delete it with it’s programmed bools.
Not sure where to start! Read posts and manuals, looking for some help! All confused!
Use 2D array with indexing? – what ever that is.
Use an array within an array?
Using pointers to search another single array from the .pos value of the (Name) array?
Ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

I designed something very similar last year in november, send me a PM.
In my case, I read the bar code and then a display the name of the product on a panelview according to the bar code read.

Widelto, thanks for the reply!
OK, trying again. I write a post and then send but the site says I can’t because I am not signed in. But, I am signed in. I just do it on Word and paste. Then I won’t louse it all.
At first I didn’t know what a PM was; now I understand. Just not sure how to do that yet. New to this forum. Always looked but never registered. I will figure out the PM function.
The original post may be difficult to understand. This is the fourth time, so it should be better.
Function: The operator enters a code into the HMI which I will call (name). This code is part of the barcode which will be used later. I will break-out the string of barcode desired by using the MID command. After the code is entered, the operator will press buttons which will turn on bool bits. The (name) which will be searched later and the bool bits need to be stored in a User Defined Table.
Later when the barcode is sent to the serial port 0, the UDT will be searched. When a match is found, the stored bool bits will be turned on in logic.
The next problem I have is the (name) also needs to be able to be scrolled to. When a match is found or selected, it can be deleted along with the assigned bool bits. Not sure how to delete one (name) other than write zeros to all. I think that will work.
Also, I am not sure of how to store the information into the UDT. I will need to look for an open area and write there. The only way I can think is search for a .LEN ‘length’ to be equal to 0 and write to that location.
Also, when the (name) is scrolled, or called, the bool bits need to be displayed on the HMI. On the HMI, I have buttons and lights programed for each of the bools and also using 2 keyboards to enter or delete stored information.
I have the HMI done, but the logic is another thing. I am looking into getting a plc to work out the logic before the logic is entered into the system plc. This is a CompactLogix L32E.
I tried to attach a file but I am told I am not registered. But I am logged in!
Thanks in advance!