PanelView Plus 7 Screen Change = Bit change?

_Dock_

Compactlogix L33ER
Studio5000 V26.01
PVP 7 standard
FactoryTalk View ME V8.0

Pretty simple what I am trying to accomplish but I cant seem to make it work.

Condition 1...
When the operator exists "Screen_A" by pushing the goto "Screen_home" screen change pushbutton, write "example_tag":= 1;

Condition 2...
When the operator transitions from the "Screen_Home" display to the "Screen_A" display via the goto pushbutton write "example_tag":= 0;

I should point out that the bit value could be reversed, i just need it to change state.

I tried two things...
first, I laid a momentary PB under the screen change PB hoping that they would both push simultaneously, this did not work. Not sure if this is just not possible or the refresh rate is just not fast enough to pick it up because the screen changes pretty quickly.

Second,
I put "example_tag" in the display name connection to see if it would write the change, it did not. The help file on this is well, not very helpful.

Maybe there is a way for the plc to see what screen the operator is currently running? If this is possible I could write some ladder to make the above work also...

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Have a look at the Global Connections. One of them is "Replace Display Number". Assign a PLC tag to this global connection, and every time your HMI changes screens, the HMI will write the screen number to that PLC tag.

A couple of gotchas:
- Each screen must have a unique number (look for screen properties)
- "Replace Display Number" is not a command to replace the display number. It is an indicator of which Replace type display is currently active, which leads me to...
- This only works when switching between "replace" type displays. If you open a popup window, your "replace display number" global connection will not change

If you need it to work with popup displays, then have a look at macros and macro buttons. It'd be a very simple macro and there are plenty of threads on the subject now that you know what to search for :)

Good luck!