You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 16th, 2019, 07:54 AM   #1
Baker in Virginia
United States

Rockwell Automation- Software Configured Safety Relays displayed on HMI's ?

Good Morning ,

I'm working on a safety project , and I'm thinking of using the
Guardmaster 440C-CR30 Software configured safety relay with the 440C-ENET Guardmaster Ethernet Plug-in module.

I would like to present the status of the safety circuit on a HMI. Does the 440C-CR30 allow to interface with a Panelview Plus HMI ? and what software do you use to to configure the 440C-CR30 ?

Thanks so much,
Old July 16th, 2019, 08:01 AM   #2
jgreenewv
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

I haven't used these yet, but I've seen several demos. Connected Components Workbench is used to program the 440C-CR30 relays. And yes, you can pull the info into a PanelView Plus for status display. The demos I've seen use the Ethernet plug-in module but I don't really have any technical details.
Old July 16th, 2019, 08:09 AM   #3
Baker in Virginia
United States

Thanks ,

On a Panelview Plus , you can bring into the application , numerous PLC's as shortcuts and display information from each one , correct ?
Old July 16th, 2019, 05:05 PM   #4
jgreenewv
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker in Virginia View Post
Thanks ,

On a Panelview Plus , you can bring into the application , numerous PLC's as shortcuts and display information from each one , correct ?
If the PanelView Plus is connected via Ethernet to multiple controllers, then yes, you should be able to create a shortcut to each controller and pull data from them. I can't recall if there are any limits to number of shortcuts per application.
Old July 16th, 2019, 06:20 PM   #5
chavak
Malaysia

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of it. Used it some time ago.

Just ensure your components connected to it are safety rated. There are dedicated outputs which checks for components configured in place, by means of pulses output to it. I had a contactor and a valve bank power, connected to it, which gave out intermittent errors.

Regards
Old July 17th, 2019, 05:21 AM   #6
jstolaruk
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I've used that arrangement along with a non-safe PLC. Via Ethernet/IP, the PLC could monitor everything and the safety controller had non-safe inputs that the PLC could write to for clearing faults and resetting safety circuits. I don't see why an HMI could not do the same.
Old July 17th, 2019, 12:52 PM   #7
Vlad Romanov
United States

You've gotten many answers, but I still wanted to add some info:

1. I would use a "master" or "line" PLC to pull in all of the data from all your safety devices.

2. I would create a single link from this PLC to the HMI which needs to have this information displayed.

3. If you need to display this data on multiple/different HMIs, I would create a produced/consumed or MSG based message from the "master" PLC to those who needed it and link to the data this way.

Also, the "standard" PanelView HMIs only allows a single reference point (it's very frustrating), so unless you have the more expensive "performance" edition, you may not be able to link to multiple PLCs.

Hope that helps...
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum